With Christmas and New Year’s just around the corner, there are a number of things we can do to help you look and feel your confident best come event day. My tips for a quick pick-me-up focus on refreshing our skin and highlighting our “best” features to enhance that natural inner glamour.
- REFRESH YOUR SKIN
Interestingly, all the world over, no matter what country, culture, skin type or lifestyle, the quest for “beautiful skin” universally tops the list as the most desirable aesthetic enhancement. Our skin adapts and changes daily, so this can be a good thing when it comes to making changes for the better.
Essentially we need to:
- Remove the excess dead cells which build up on the surface of our skin. This reduces dull, uneven texture, and reveals the fresher plumper cells that were hiding underneath all along.
- Repair the function of the skin cells themselves, to boost the skin’s natural immunity and ability to fight environmental conditions. This helps the skin prevent breakouts, reduce signs of rosacea, and respond more predictably when stressed.
- Rebuild the foundations of skin tone and strength by boosting collagen, elastin and natural hyaluronic acid, to keep the skin firm and dewy. We lose these essential skin ingredients with age and sun exposure, which can lead to skin thinning and sagging, so we need to use the “tools” at our disposal to try and stay ahead of the curve.
- Protect the skin we have. We all need to develop positive habits around sun protection and lifestyle choices.
My tips here include:
- A Hydrafacial for a quick facial peel, anti-oxidant and serum infusion. With no downtime and results visible immediately this is the perfect skin pick-me-up. You can have a HydraFacial every 2-4 weeks to maintain your results, depending on your skin type.
- DMK Instant Lift is a 90-minute facial that refreshes, hydrates and firms the face, neck and décolletage. A series of treatments is ideal to boost your results. This treatment requires no downtime and achieves a visible improvement in skin tone and texture.
- Combine your skin rejuvenation facials with some light or laser treatments to give a more even complexion. We can tidy broken capillaries, brighten pigmentation, improve uneven skin texture, or achieve a firmer complexion with treatments including Laser Genesis® (my personal favourite), IPL, Clear + Brilliant®, Fraxel® and Thermage®. Many of these are suitable to have on the same day as your facial to achieve the ultimate vibrant complexion.
2. HIGHLIGHT YOUR FAVORITE FEATURES
This is a great way to add a little natural glamour to your look this summer.
My tips here include:
- Open the eye area with some anti-wrinkle injections to the frown area, this will lift around the crow’s feet and brow to give the appearance of reduced smile lines, and more open eyes. If suitable, also combine this with a little muscle relaxation on the forehead to keep the skin tone looking balanced. Discuss what will be suitable for you with your cosmetic clinician.
- Using dermal fillers to strategically highlight our cheeks, chin, lips and perhaps the lateral eyebrows, is an excellent way to achieve a natural look, enhance your best features, and a create more lifted facial shape.
It may only take a small change to achieve the look you’re after, or you may want to achieve a little extra lift if there is some pre-existing sagginess that needs addressing.
It’s important to have a consultation with an expert Artisan cosmetic clinician to plan your personalised treatment and achieve what you’re after in a suitable time frame. Even if you aren’t getting ready for a special occasion, why not treat yourself – you’re worth it!