Profound uniquely combines microneedling and radiofrequency technologies for an advanced skin tightening and rejuvenating effect. It works by penetrating the skin at a precise depth with tiny needles, before momentarily releasing a burst of radiofrequency energy (heat). This stimulates collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid, resulting in a tighter, smoother, more lifted appearance.
Profound is used to treat the face, neck, décolletage and cellulite.
Results may become visible at eight weeks post treatment with optimum results at three to six months.
- Stay hydrated and keep skin moisturised
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and use SPF30+
- Cease taking anticoagulants including aspiring, ibuprofen, vitamin E, omega 3 fatty acids, St John’s wort, ginko bilboa and ginseng 7 days prior and following discussions with the treating doctor
- If you are prone to cold sores, consider taking antiviral prophylaxis three to four days prior following discussion with the treating doctor
- Avoid topical retinoids five days prior
Note: do not cease prescribed medications without first consulting with your general practitioner.
Prior to your first treatment, our doctor will consult with you to assess your suitability for Profound and discuss any concerns or questions you may.
The treatment involves topical numbing cream followed by our doctor injecting a local anaesthetic into the treatment area before using the Profound device. As the skin is numbed, most clients do not experience any significant discomfort during or immediately after the treatment.