- Is hypersensitive to ingredients including hyaluronic acid, lidocaine, amide-type local anaesthetics and strep type-A gram-positive bacterial proteins
- Has severe allergies manifested by a history of anaphylaxis, or history or presence of multiple severe allergies
- Currently has an active skin infection, cold sores, sunburn, eczema, psoriasis or a healing wound
- Currently has concurrent febrile status (e.g. flu, cold, sinusitis, UTI)
- Has had major dental work in the past four weeks, or scheduled in the next four weeks (including wisdom teeth removal, root canal or any procedure related to the soft tissue (gum disease), veneers, crowns, bridges, dentures, and the fitting of braces)
- Has had minor dental work within the last two weeks or scheduled in the next two weeks (including scale and clean, routine tooth extraction, fillings, and tooth whitening)
- Has been given antibiotics post dental intervention (a period of two weeks is required before filler can be given)
- Has a history of hypertrophic scarring
- Is pregnant or breastfeeding
- Is under 18 years of age
- Has had a rhinoplasty. In this instance, the client will need written authorisation from their treating surgeon
- Has received a vaccination for COVID-19 or influenza within the last 2 weeks, or has a vaccination planned within the next 2 weeks
If you are unsure, contact your clinic.
- Keep the injection site clean
- Take anti-histamines as required to reduce swelling
- Apply a cool compress to the site for ten minutes every hour, on the day of treatment but do not apply ice
- Avoid facial treatments immediately after treatment
- Avoid excessive pressure or any ‘facing-down’ (e.g. massage) treatments for 24 hours
- Avoid excessive exercise and exposure to heat for the first 24 hours
- Avoid lipsticks, AHA, retinols, vitamin C or oil-based makeup for 24 hours
- Avoid saunas for two weeks
Avoid long-haul flights for four weeks
To ensure that you are happy and that optimal results are achieved, it is recommended that you attend a review appointment and assessment after two weeks.
For the best result, an initial course of two to three treatments, four to six weeks apart is recommended. Your next treatment is due within six months.
Your health and well-being is our priority. If you are concerned about any aspect of your treatment, or if you become unwell – contact your clinic immediately.